Taking Receiptv of your Sink
When your sink is delivered you will no doubt be excited to see the beauty of your newly acquired copper sink , please make sure the following steps are followed before moving your sink inside, this will help in the unlikely event of damage occurring to your product in transportation.
Before signing for your sink, visually inspect the packaging for any sign of damage, only when you are satisfied that the integrity of the packaging is in tact sign for your copper sink.
It is important that any visual damage noticed upon receipt should be recorded on the documentation provided by the transportation company. In the unlikely event of the sink being delivered with serious damage under no circumstances sign for the goods, and instruct the driver to return the goods to coppersinks.com.au distribution depot and a replacement will be sent out immediately. It is important at this stage to also notify coppersinks.com.au customer service on 1800 111 566 of the uncompleted delivery.
When moving your sink for unpacking takes care not to drag, tip or drop it. Using a pair of scissors carefully remove the packaging, avoid using sharp blades or knives as this can inadvertently cause scratching.
Moving Your Copper Sink
Copper sinks weigh between 15 and 40 kg’s depending on the style. As such a minimum of two people are recommended to engage in moving your sink. Appropriate lifting techniques must be used at all times, bend your knees and keep a straight back at all times, If you are unsure, how to lift safely or feel unduly qualified to manoeuvre your sink into position, we recommend airing on the side of caution and advise commissioning a trained plumber to assist. Under no circumstances should your sink be dragged as it may damage your floor or sink.
Unpack your Copper Sink
Care must be taken when unpacking your sink. Do not use any sharp objects such as razors or knives to cut away the packaging. Use rounded edged scissors if you must. Once un-packed you may then move your sink into position
In the unlikely event that you have discovered an imperfection the following steps must be followed.
1. Any damage must be reported in writing within 24 hours of signed receipt of sink, we can not be held responsible for any damage that is reported outside of this period.
2. Photos of any damage must be sent by e-mail to coppersinks.com.au so that we can substantiate any damage claim, and determine the most efficient and best method of rectification.
Coppersinks.com.au has many years experience with copper butler and farmhouse sinks and as such can determine very quickly what is surface cosmetic damage that can often be cleaned and what is fundamentally a damaged product. In all cases reports of damage are handled with respect and a resolution will be implemented swiftly.
1. The sink must not have been transported to any other address. by a third party after signed receipt
2. The sink must not have been moved to any other location inside the house before checking your product, as we are not responsible for any damage that may occur to your sink during internal maneuvering of your copper.
3. The product must not have been interfered with in any other way by any receiving party
4. Your sink should be checked prior to moving it inside your home, as any damage reported thereafter will be deemed to have occurred at the hands of a third party after signed receipt.
5. If the sink has received irreparable damage during transportation the sink will be collected and replaced with a new sink
6. Hand hammered copper sinks are individual and no two sinks will be identical due to the hammeringproduction process, this is what forms part of the beauty of purchasing a genuine copper sink as no one else will ever have a sink exactly the same as yours. It is normal for the sinks to have a tapered edge and as a result of these two points it is imperative that you have your sink in possession prior to cutting your kitchen stone, as dimensions provided on this site are for sizing purposes only as such coppersinks.com.au is not liable for any fitting issues caused by cutting holes for you sink prior to receipt, and no refund is due. All care must be taken by you the purchaser to ensure accuracy of any holes cut to accommodate your chosen sink.
Once you have checked your new copper sink all that remains is to install and enjoy the beauty and practicality that it brings to your new kitchen.
Installation & Caring for your new Copper Sink
Generally a qualified plumber is used to install your new copper kitchen sinks, we would also recommend this as they are trained professional installers and can potentially save time and avoid unforeseen installation issues. It may also be a requirement of your local council if a plumbing inspectors certificate for submission to council upon completion of your renovation, please check with your local council to see if this is a requirement prior to commencing any install.
Before starting any install it is important that the correct size hole is cut into your bench top material. It is essential that you have your sink prior to cutting any hole as each sink is slightly different and the sizes we provide are for sizing purposed and not for specific template production.
Once you have your sink your cabinet maker or stone supplier will produce an accurate template from your sink, this template will be used to produce the hole that the sink will drop into. It is also essential that note is taken of the angle on your sink, this will need to be accounted for by your cabinet maker to ensure your sink fits snugly.Once the hole has been cut in your bench top and your cabinets are assembled your sink if under mounted will be dropped into place and secured. When your copper sink is secure your bench top will be installed on top of your cabinetry to give the finished look, please not it is usual for your bench top to cover the outer edge of your sink however this is an aesthetic decision, if choosing not to install your bench top over the side edges of your copper sink, care should be taken to ensure the edges between the sink and the cabinet is sealed so that they are water tight.When you are happy with the position and security of your sink connect your waste and overflow (If Applicable) You are now ready to use your new copper sink.